Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Still Here

Sorry I haven't blogged the past couple of days - everything is fine, we just got cheap and when our internet access in our room expired we decided to go for the free wi-fi in the hotel lounge.  Having to shlep 13 floors down at weird hours and very slow upload times for photos has put a damper on my blogging!!

Yesterday our appointments at the US Consulate went well and we took him swimming for the first time (even though we didn't know that he had never seen a pool before).  Let's just say, he was less than impressed.  Actually, I would go as far as to say that he was completely terrified.  Thankfully we have been forgiven  - I think.

This morning we went to the Chen Clan museum and loved every minute of it.  I got some great photos - that I think will need to wait until I get home to post.  I could just hang out there all day, it's just so beautiful.  

We pretty much hung out for the rest of the day and ordered Papa Johns for dinner.  I can't tell you how much I needed a good ol' American pizza!!! And this is coming from someone who absolutely adores Chinese food - honestly a pizza never tasted so good.

Andrew makes progress every day.  We are finding that we need to go through a situation once before he figures out what kind of behavior is acceptable.  Last Wednesday we ate at a restaurant downstairs in the hotel and his behavior was in a word - awful.  Last night, we went back to the same place (surprisingly, we were not banned) and he was like a different child.  Patient, mannerly, not touching anything, and saying please and thank you to the servers.  We were amazed - and it gave us great hope that we are making great progress.  (I'm thinking I may need to warn the grocery store before our first visit....)

We are looking forward to packing up tomorrow - can't wait to get home!!!

1 comment:

Serving the King said...

Hooray for being on the final leg of your journey! Mind if I ask what hotel you are staying at? I didn't know swimming was still an option this late in the year! I may need to pack swim trunks??!!

template