But in the last few years I've been asked the question "Why?" far more often than I've ever been asked in my life.
"Why are you adopting?"
"Why China?"
"Why aren't you adopting another baby?"
And the answers aren't easy. At least not at a basketball game or in the grocery checkout line. And really, by now, I would have thought that I would have a nice little speech in place. But I don't. When people ask me about adoption or why my family looks like it does, my heart just about leaps out of my chest.
I want to tell them that God has shared his heart with me - and he is passionate about the orphan. It's not ok with Him that over 140 million children worldwide don't have anyone to tuck them in at night. It's not ok with Him that these children (infants to teens) are alone. And it's not ok with me either.
I have seen what happens when these precious ones are placed in families. They thrive. They receive the inheritance of sons and daughters. They grow into their potential. Many of them accept Jesus. They learn how to love. They learn how to trust. They become everything that God planned for them, even from before the time that they came to be. And that's huge.
But on the personal - it makes me crazy that these little people have no one to love them. It makes me crazy that these dear ones have no one to cheer them on in the game of life. They have no one to tell them how valuable they are. They have no one to make their favorite dinner - just because. Or celebrate them on their birthday. Crazy, I tell you. Really. I just can't get past it. My kids all have so much - not in the "stuff" category - but they know that there are 2 people in the world that will love them like crazy, no matter what, and will always have their back. EVERY kid deserves that.
So, I guess that's why.
And that I get to be the mom to these 2 little faces....
So, I guess that's why.
And that I get to be the mom to these 2 little faces....
How blessed am I????


3 comments:
Love your personal reasons why. I have the same crazy feeling right along with you!
Beautiful! I feel so blessed having my two little girls in my life.
Erika B
Very eloquent if you ask me and statistics and numbers are one thing
But seeing a LIFE transformed, that is proof!
Can't believe it is almost time for you to go!!! Will be following along!
10 more days!!!
Leslie
Post a Comment