Monday, November 22, 2010

Andrew Day!

Since I know you want photos then words.....





Xue Lin is doing pretty well this evening after a rocky start.  The civil affairs office was pretty overwhelming all around and there were many tears. He seemed to improve after we got on the bus and there was more to take in.  Miss Amy told him that we were going to take him to McDonalds, which seemed to make everything better!   As soon as we arrived back at the hotel, we went next door for cheeseburgers and french fries!  
He has been playing well ever since and is a really smart little bug.  Knows his numbers, colors, and alphabet in English and understands quite a bit of what we say to him.  We're still working on distinguishing little kid English from Chinese on the other end!
We have seen many smiles and heard many giggles playing matchbox cars and nerf basketball in the room. (We may be the first family to get booted out of the China Hotel!)
We can't believe he's here - and he's ours!!  And now after spending time with him, we wouldn't have it any other way....

4 comments:

Kristi said...

Hooray! I know for a while it seemed this day was never going to get here! Praise God for His faithfulness.
I do have to wonder if you met him in the same room? And Amy is your guide? Oh the blessings...

Anonymous said...

Thank you for bringing me joy this morning! Seeing him with you made me cry. And I could feel my heart swell in my chest! Thank you Lord. Love you guys!

Cindy M said...

WOOHOO! Now the good stuff comes...the smiles the flow, the light the shines, the bond that forms! It's all coming your way, my friends! He's a handsome little guy, and I can't wait to see him take his place in your wonderful family! And I'm so excited, too, that Amy is your guide!! Just think...a year ago...

Love you guys!

Heather said...

Yeah!!!! So glad to see you with your sweet boy!!

template