One of the "sure things" that we have lost is Alan's dad. About three weeks ago my father-in-law lost his long battle with Parkinson's Disease. We are thankful that we had warning and his kids were able to come and say "so long". We are thankful that he didn't have pain. But most of all we are thankful for his life. Alan's dad led a life of service and praise to his Savior. I have yet to meet anyone who has had an unkind thing to say about him. He was the guy everyone liked. He was the favorite at the nursing home. He always had something positive to say and a smile (even under very negative circumstances). He was always encouraging and ready with a "good job" or a "hang in there".
I am most thankful for his life because he molded the man I married. He taught my husband how to love. He taught my husband how to persevere. He showed my husband how to be the man, husband, and father that he is today. And for all those things I am eternally grateful.
Alan's dad was greatly honored at his funeral. His 2 sons and 8 grandchildren stood as a living testament to his life and legacy.
He will be greatly missed on this Earth but we all took great solace in knowing that he is now singing with his Lord and we will see him again.

3 comments:
Oh sweet P family, I'm praying for you all as you adjust to life without a dear member of the family. But oh the rejoicing when you meet again...
So sorry to hear of your loss. I will keep your family in my prayers.
I'm sorry I missed these last two posts! Life is a new crazy around here, too, right now. I am sad to hear this, but reading "Choosing to SEE" has helped remind me that we are only a mist in this life. So, yes, we will rejoice that he is in Heaven!
Love you, friend!
Post a Comment