(I'm going to apologize now that this is SO picture heavy!!)
After six long (and longer for him!) weeks we headed back to Annapolis to visit our first born!!! We took the whole crew and got to stay here....Friday morning we decided to do a little sight seeing before we picked up Colin for his town liberty after noon formation.
One of us decided to sleep in...
(and I have his permission to post this!)

The rest of us needed to pay a visit to John Paul Jones....

and head to the parent slide show and briefing. The stuff to keep us busy until it was "time".
Waiting & watching....
Our first glimpse...

Then we high tailed it off the yard!!! He really just wanted some down time, to visit with his friends via phone, text and social networking....
Out to dinner at a place that he didn't have to memorize the menu, sit on the first 3 inches of his chair or look straight ahead while he was eating!
Saturday morning started with the formal parade...
B Company...
canon salute...
After the parade the plebes were granted town liberty again...
so there was a lot of this...
and this....

and some of this....
I see you mom....
Then off to the city dock for dinner....

and humoring mom by letting her take pictures...

Grace was none too happy about being near the water - but she became completely obsessed with the boats. She absolutely loves them and would sit all day and watch them move around in the harbor.
Colin requested we head back to the hotel, and we ended up playing games as a family for the rest of the evening and having some dessert in the room. It was so nice to have everyone just sitting around, hanging out, and laughing.
Sunday came around to some rain, and packing to go home. We still savored every minute with our boy...
Once we checked out of the hotel, we went over to meet Colin's sponsor, as she very kindly invited us over for lunch and to see her home. She's a lovely young woman that I'm sure he will get along very well with.
After a great visit we went back to the yard to take in the museum for a little bit before it was time for him to go back.
Then it was a few more pictures...
Matt sporting his new aviator glasses from the Mid Store

and a family escort back to Bancroft Hall.
We had a wonderful visit.
He is doing so well, and doing what he was meant to do.
Does a mom's heart good.




















5 comments:
He looks great!! Looks like an amazing weekend! Thanks for sharing:-)
I'm sure it did your Momma's heart good to be able to get your arms around him! You must be so proud!
I just love the sibling adoration shown in your pictures.
Great picutres Donna! I'm glad you all had a great parent's weekend!! Looks like Colin is doing well. I'm sure you all are so very proud of him.
I know you must so proud of him! What an exciting time for him. It must have so nice to have some time with him. Thanks for sharing
Hey good pictures. Im surprised Colin got to hang out off the campus.. Im sure that was good.
Post a Comment