Our first and probably most important stop was lunch here:
an amazing little Irish tavern
for these:
fabulous sandwiches that you can only get here - SO worth the two hour drive ....
Then we decided to make our way down "the Hill"...
First stop was to see trains at Grace's insistence. She has a thing about them. And we had to stay until the train moved. Even though there were some mutterings from older children about how strange our family is - we all sat at the train station to watch a train pull out - just for the fun of it.
Onward to my old (and I do mean OLD) elementary school. This school is still in use today and covers k-8 in 3 floors.
Once upon a time the girls used this entrance on one side of the school and the boys used the entrance on the other side of the school. My father-in-law, who is almost 86, also went to elementary school here and I'm sure remembers the segregated entryways.
After some serious walking around it was time to head to the place that started the idea for the trip...
and Evan picked out his next birthday cake....
It was so much fun taking the kids to my hometown, it's so different than where they are growing up that it really gave them a different perspective - I hope it's not too long before we get to go back.








4 comments:
What a superfun trip! I'm sure that you enjoyed going back down memory lane and your kids enjoyed a taste of your past. Love how you had the pictures outlined in white to create more of a nostalgic feel.
What a fun trip bringing your kids back to your stomping grounds. Looks like you had a great time.
Oh I shed a tear when I read your post on RQ! ;) We are an AWAA family too LID 6/23 and did NOT want to hear that the average is 3-5 months!!! Praying we all hear wonderful news very soon!
What a fun, fun trip down memory lane! Love that! And now I'm really hungry. Thanks. :)
And thanks so much for adding my button!
Post a Comment