Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Run Away

I have a certain child whose yearly Christmas list is usually a work of fantasy - and it gives us such a great chuckle every year.  This child definitely goes by the "you have not, because you ask not" philosophy.  So this year I decided that he might be on to something and put a little fantasy item of my own on my Christmas list (just for the record, I haven't made a Christmas list since I was about 10).  But, I thought that it would be downright irresponsible to ask for something in the fantasy price range that I wasn't absolutely sure I would LOVE.   So I decided to go rent one and play with it for a week.


On a similar note - not completely unrelated - I have been looking for different "artwork" for my living room.  I kind of picture some black & white nature/landscape prints with black frames.  


So one afternoon, when my wee one was napping, and a bigger one was in the zone writing a paper for school - I ran away from home.  I took a pumpkin spice latte and the happy little rented item and headed to a spot not far from our house and clicked that happy little shutter until I was giddy.  I'm still not sure I got what I was looking for - but I had a wonderful time trying!!














This one I turned black & white to see if I liked it or not....still haven't decided.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Wow, an afternoon all to yourself? And with a fun lens?
Great shots! I hope you enjoyed the solitude and the opportunity to experiment!

Cindy M said...

LOVE that last one, especially! I am trying to figure out what portrait lens to rent. What did you rent???

Did you edit in Lightroom?

template