Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Monticello

After breakfast the groom's family were off for wedding preparations & we headed off to visit the UVA campus (more successfully this time!) and then to visit Monticello.

The kids really enjoyed it - especially Becca & Evan. It's a shame we didn't have more time, becuase Rebecca was really into it. All the kids enjoy history and I could just see it coming alive for them - they just were soaking it in & could have stayed all day.


When we left the hotel room in the morning I had wanted to put out the "do not disturb" sign. I really didn't want the maid staff to have heart failure at the sight of our room - not horrible mind you, since we are a pretty tidy bunch - but it could be pretty scary to those not used to seeing 15 pair of shoes, a crib, a running game of monopoly set up on the only flat surface, the coffee pot on top of the TV to keep away from little hands, and every square inch of bathroom counter covered with various toiletry items, etc. Well, I forgot the sign, so we returned to a beautifully made up room, and this in plain view:

I guess our room spoke volumes!!

2 comments:

Cindy M said...

Oh, man, that's FUNNY! Sounds like MY life!

Kristi said...

I want room service like that ~ here in my own home!
I snorted when I saw the Goody's...

template