Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The Home of the "Real Thing"

Stop two of our "tourist day" found us at Coke World....

Leave it to Evan to try to swipe Mr. Pemberton's other cup....



"I'd like to teach the world to sing..."
(Let me know how long you have that stuck in your head. You're welcome.)



The tour starts with a lot of memorabilia and history (not to mention a very hokey cartoon movie - that we laughed about for days)


The kids wanted one of these for the house.....







The giant designer Coke bottles were a hit....

They match!!






The "Tasting Room" - where they allow you to taste Coke products that are available all over the world.  Some really interesting stuff in here.  And a sticky floor.  


Useless trivia time:  Who designed the Coke bottle as we know it today? (sadly, this info wasn't given on the tour, and I didn't pick it up in the museum anywhere - I knew it walking in the door.  Just a glimpse of the strange stuff that rattles around in my brain on a regular basis.)
Answer at the end of the post.....
                          

























































 
                     Tasting, tasting.... (we all had a really happy sugar buzz going on the way home)

  
Flavors to try if you ever go to Africa....

Bottles for the road....


Speaking of bottles - the man's name was Raymond Loewy.  He also designed some very pretty electric locomotives for the Pennsylvania Railroad along with some other really cool things that you see everyday. 



2 comments:

Cindy M said...

I so very much want to go there!! It's been on my list for years! I want one of those coke machines myself! I've got to figure out a way to get to Atlanta one of these days! We have an old Army friend that lives there, too! Miss you, my friend!

Cindy M said...

And I am SERIOUSLY jonesing for a Coke now. AND singing the song. :)

template