Thursday, February 11, 2010

Snow & Sleepover

We finally got "the big one" in our neck of the woods.  Our neighbors to the south have gotten the brunt of the winter storms this year and we have gotten off pretty lightly.  This one dumped a solid 18 inches on us and gave us (so far) 2 days off from school/work.  
I must admit, we needed it.  We needed a day to bake, hang out, play, bake some more, watch tv, just relax a little. 
Some of us did have to start a little clean up during the day (which started by having to dig a little path for the dog.  We would have lost him completely if we hadn't!)



Matt & his buddies went 4 wheeling, snowboarding, and pulled more cars out of ditches in our neighborhood than they could count. Then they landed here.
What started innocently as "hey can the guys come over & watch a movie?" turned to "hey can the guys just stay over?" once school was cancelled. So I had 6 teenage boys in my house all night.  Boys that had been in the snow all day.  
After 4 rounds of clothing in the dryer my  laundry room  looked like this:



  This morning they consumed a quadruple batch of blueberry pancakes, 2 pounds of bacon, and beverages of choice.
Now if I can only get them all to tackle this:

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Oh, I wanna be the "cool mom" who has kids sleep over and prepares yummy breakfasts when my kiddos are older!
Glad you guys had fun!

template